How to remove the prefix of your database tablesMarch 11, 2012
How to Batch Resize and Watermark Images in Linux with CommandlineMarch 11, 2012
Nowadays we are using more and more credit or debit cards to complete money transactions online. Either you are buying a product or a service from the Internet you need to be careful where you fill in your personal data especially your credit card information. The following guidelines will help you to be safe for your future transactions.
If you are using your credit card for online transaction you should consider the below protection methods:
- Never give your credit card number by sending it via email. Banks never ask for your credit card number nor your pin. If you get an email which asks you to send him that information it’s spam or scam.
- When you pay online and you have to give your credit card number then check if it’s a secure transaction. This is easy to understand. Look down on your browser. If you see a lock or a key then you know that this a secure transaction with ssl encoding.
- But that was only the first step. The second is to see who signed this secure transaction. If you double click the key or lock then a window will inform you about the details of the transaction. There should mention that the website has been verified from verisign or thawte or other big companies with secure transaction services. If you have a question about a particular website you can ask me.
- Again avoid to give your credit card direct to an e-shop. It’s better to use a bank system for credit card payments. You will understand that if you will be redirected to a bank website to give your credit card information. If not sure send an email to that bank or ask me.
- The second solution is to pay with paypal. Paypal can manage your credit/debit cards. Paypal takes on all your transactions between you and the online shops. Paypal doen’t reveal your information only the necessary ones. You are safe and your cards too.
If you have questions too don’t hesitate to ask me.